Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Clinical Officer: Take notes on the sources shown below. Summarize ideas that you may use for your own company in bullet point format.
Clinical Trials explained
Regional Officer: Take notes on the sources shown below. Summarize ideas that you may use for your own company in bullet point format.
Business Officer: Review the websites of the companies shown below. Evaluate what is positive and negative about their sites. In bullet points include ideas you have for formating your site.
Career and Press Release Officer: Take notes on the sources shown below. Summarize ideas that you may use for your own company in bullet point format.
Homework :Any officer work that is not finished during class should be completed as homework.
Friday, May 10, 2019 (mini blocks)Extra Credit Lab (if needed). The lab must be handwritten and include the following: Title, Purpose, Data (table must include data from all growing conditions), Analysis (completely answer the journal questions in complete sentences). This is due by Thursday.
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Homework: Finish questions
Monday, May 5, 2019
Thursday, May 2, 2019
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Friday, April 26, 2019
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Monday, April 22, 2019
Thursday, April 18, 2019
Tuesday, April 16
Friday, April 12, 2019
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Monday, April 8, 2019
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Friday, March 29, 2019
mini blocks and career fair
Wednesday March 27, 2019
Monday, March 25, 2019
Thursday, March 14, 2019
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Friday, March 8, 2019
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Monday, March 4, 2019
Thursday, February 28, 2019
1. In your own words explain how the DNA 'Magic Box' works.
2. Why is the Rapid DNA machine considered an important advancement?
3. Summarize (in your own words) the Rapid DNA Act that was signed into law in 2017.
4. What are some issues related to this technology that some scientists and legal experts are concerned about?
5, In Pennsylvania is consent needed to extract DNA? Would you provide your DNA if asked? Explain your reasoning.
6. What is the incentive for police stations to purchase a rapid DNA machine?
7. Why are crime scene samples seen as different from cheek swabs when used with this technology?
8. What is the opinion of the National District Attorneys Association regarding Rapid DNA? Do you agree? Explain your reasoning.
9. Discuss the issues with Rapid DNA seen outside of the United States.
10 What is the difference in regulation between CODIS and county databases? Do you think this should be changed? Explain.
11. How is racial bias possibly related to Rapid DNA technology?
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Friday, February 22, 2019
Position Paper: Choose 3 issues related to developing a national DNA data bank. Use your research for discuss the 3 main issues and how they should be addressed. Use the index card (given out in class) and use the format shown below (Note: you may have more than 3 issues and more than 3 subheadings). The cards will be used during our class discussion.
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Friday, February 15, 2019
Wednesday, February 13, 2019Refer to grading chart.
Friday, February 8, 2019
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
1. Why do the cuts from enzyme 1 and 2 give fragments of different sizes?
2. Why would one want to use enzymes 1 and 2 together rather than using just one enzyme?
3. What is the purpose of the blue dye?
4. Why do the smaller fragments travel faster through the gel?
5. How does one know when to turn the power off during gel electrophoresis?
6. Does each band on the gel contain only one fragment of DNA? Explain.
7. What is the purpose (during blotting) of each of the following:
Monday, February 4, 2019
Thursday, January 31, 2019
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Metric Practice 2
Homework: Due Monday. Gel electrophoresis worksheet (distributed in class)
Friday, January 25, 2019
Wednesday, January 23, 2019 (Substitute)
2. What percent of the DNA is considered noncoding? Why is this region important in forensic science?
3. What is the importance of STRs?
4. What is the difference between the DNA in the nucleus and mitochondrial DNA? Why is mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) so important in forensics?
2. What is CODIS and why is it important? What is the purpose of INTERPOL?
Homework: This assignment is due on Tuesday. Watch the animation on Gel Electrophoresis. Choose whether you want the do the A,B or C assignment from our chart.
Friday, January 18, 2018
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Monday, January 14, 2019
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Homework: Due Wednesday, January 16. Interview someone regarding the adoption of the metric system in the United States. The interview must be with someone whose work would be impacted by the change. You must include contact information for the individual interviewed.
Tuesday, January 8, 2019
New seating chart
Course and personal evaluation
Metric System introduction and practice
Genetic Issues for debate
Homework: Read The Kilogram. Do the homework assignment for the grade level of your choosing.
Differentiated Instruction Plan